Today I received this:
“I am one of the representatives of the What Makes a Top Employer Contest. I called you this morning to deliver the news that you are one of the 3 finalists for the What Makes a Top Employer contest. You are now in the running with two others to have the chance to win 5, 1 hours meetings with 5 of Canada’s top CEOs.”
These 5 judges will be viewing my video next week:
- Bill Thomas, CEO of KPMG Canada, as the sponsoring company
- Nadir Mohamed, President & CEO of Rogers Communications
- Cameron Heaps, Co-Founder of Steam Whistle Brewing Company
- Bruce Poon Tip, Founder (AKA “The Captain”) of Gap Adventures
- Colin Moore, President of Starbucks Coffee Americas
As per a recent KPMG news release:
Two sets of prizes will be awarded to students in appreciation for their time and effort.
The first prize wins an Apple iPad and five individual one-on-one mentoring sessions with the CEOs. The first prize will go to the student with the best video response—the most insightful, thoughtful, and useful video. The winner will be chosen from a short list of individuals who will be judged by the five CEOs. The second prize winner—the student whose video wins by popular vote—will also receive an Apple iPad.
Fingers crossed everybody!