I recently had the opportunity to visit the United States, specifically Great Falls, Montana, for a quick shopping trip.
I am a “deal” shopper. I refuse to buy anything trendy at full price. REFUSE. I don’t care too much about brands… yes I have some favourites, but what’s most important is comfort, fit and look. Some of my most favourite fashion finds are from random stores and unknown brands. Oh and love love to vintage.
I did quite a bit of damage on this shopping trip, but here are a few of the sweetest deals:
- Jewellery // Brand: Unknown // Found at: PacSun // Deal: $7 for both bracelets and necklace // I love fashion jewellery, but go through it fast as I usually buy cheap stuff from Forever 21 etc. Cute bronze long necklace and beaded turquoise bracelets.
- Black Heels // Brand: Unlisted by Kenneth Cole // Found at: Herbergers // Deal: $14 // Open toe, high heeled pump, and all the rage right now. I’d been looking for a pair of shoes like these but refused to pay $100 at Aldo.
- Sunglasses // Brand: Unknown // Found at: Sears // Deal: $9 // I was randomly in Sears and haven’t set foot in the place for years. I’ve never been one to spend a lot of money on sunglasses. Why? Because I lose them or destroy them – frequently.
- Lip Gloss // Brand: C.O. Bigelow // Found at: Bath & Body Works // Deal: $5 each // I was actually on the search for Bigelow Rose Salve (if you’ve never tried it, you need to!) and did find it, BUT somehow I’ve misplaced it haha. These lip glosses are fabulous and well worth the minimal price.
- Book – Eat Pray Love // Found at: Target // Deal: $10 // Worth the mention because stores are trying to rob you right now. Eat, Pray, Love just came out with a new cover (Julia Roberts on front) that sells about $4 more. Movie is premiering on August 13th and I had lost my copy. Looking forward to the re-read!
- Lace Dress // Brand: Xhilaration // Found at: Target // Deal: $21 // I love dresses and even more so, I love finding ones that no one else in this province owns. :) Lace top, black fitted skirt attached. Perfect for a date night or girls night out.
- Skinny Jeans // Brand: Mossimo // Found at: Target // Deal: $10 // I have a hard time finding skinny jeans that fit just right so was thrilled to find these at Target. They were in various washes, but this was the darkest. Bootcut was on for $10 as well.
- Brown Boots // Brand: Wet Seal // Found at: Wet Seal // Deal: $10 // Sadly, it’s almost fall which means a change in weather and generally cold weather in Calgary. Boots are a requirement and cute ones are even better.
A few other things… scored Nine West patterned tights (for winter!) from Hergerbers for $2.99/pair. Makeup is so much cheaper at Target than anywhere I’ve seen in Canada. OPI nail polish is $7. Physican’s Formula powders/bronzers/etc $9. All brands were significantly less. Hergerbers is a department store and had a ridiculous amount of deals. Nine West, Kenneth Cole, and other fab shoe brands were on sale for $13-35/pair. Victoria’s Secret had quite the selection considering Great Falls is so small.
Great Falls, Montana is really not that far away. Took us about 5 hours each way, slightly longer on the way there as we had a wait at border control. There is next to nothing in existence between Lethbridge, Alberta and Great Falls – plan accordingly. By no means does Great Falls have the shopping that New York or Las Vegas would offer, but definitely a worthwhile trip if you need to hit up a Target close to Alberta or need to get away for the weekend. :)