Last year I made a wreath for the first time — and it was way less daunting than I expected.
I was *super* intimidated by the challenge — but still had this weird desire to do it. I posted on Facebook with a few questions, like… where do I buy wreath things? :) … and before you knew it, I had all the info I needed. First timer tip: just pop into a florist or nursery and they’ll be able to hook you up with what you need! :)
I popped over to Dykhof Nursery (in North Vancouver) and picked up a wreath ring, some twine, cedar, eucalyptus and magnolia leaves. I then sat on my kitchen floor for maybe 4 hours and created my wreath.
I felt focused and mindful as I tied each piece onto the ring. It was a necessary and nice dose of yin to a very yang time of year.
This year, I’m excited to make a wreath again… I’m switching it up from solo-wreath-making this year though! Instead, I’m excited to join a community class and will be wreath making with Forage & BLOOM in Deep Cove.
If you’re keen to make a wreath this year, just do it. Check out your local florist/nursery or one of the wreath workshops in our community. It is not as daunting as it first seems, and heck, our moms used to make them all the time in the 90’s. :)
Upcoming wreath workshops:
- November 29th with Serpent Botanical & Neighbourhood Quality Goods (more info)
- November 30th with Bauble Babes & Nineteen Home (more info)
- December 2nd with OAK + FORT Home & Our Little Flower Company (more info)
- December 3rd with Bauble Babes & Nineteen Home (more info)
- December 4th with Full Bloom Flowers (more info)
- December 7th with Forage & BLOOM and Bluhouse Market (more info)
- December 14th with The Wild Bunch (more info)
If you’re keen to get your festive on in another ways, the Fall for Local Holiday Market is taking place at The Shipyards in North Vancouver on December 9th. They are also hosting a free DIY wreath workshop.
Merry and bright. You do you this holiday season.