Eat Clean – Best Recipes of 2015
Back in 2013 I posted my favourite recipes from the year! That was a big year for me in the kitchen, as I was super curious and really just getting into my groove with (mostly) dairy-free, gluten-free and vegetarian cooking.
This past year has been rather fast and furious. We got into a good meal planning routine — and then would shift into chaos — and then back into routine. (That’s life I think!). As much as I love spending a couple hours in the kitchen cooking away, this past year the focus has been easy and breezy recipes!
I didn’t try as many recipes this year (compared to previous years), but I did find some good ones! There are so many days we looked forward to the Broccoli & Chickpea Rice Bowl (hello, comfort food!) and the Vegan Nachos were the hit of the year. Eggplant queso is absolutely unreal (and I’m not an eggplant lover either!).
I did end up participating in two Cookbook Clubs through My Edible Advice and Social Yoga — and they were a blast. We were introduced to new cookbooks (The Vibrant Table and Peace & Parsnips), tried out new recipes, enjoyed delicious meals, and practiced our downward dog too!
So, here’s the roundup! Of all the recipes I tried, these were my favourites. All of them I would make again in a heartbeat:
- Avocado Black Bean Enchiladas
- Black Bean & Chickpea Chili
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato & Red Quinoa Soup
- Broccoli & Chickpea Rice Bowl
- Butternut Squash & Sage Fritters
- Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Chipotle Black Bean Tortilla Soup
- Dinosaur Dill Crunch Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas
- Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
- Vegan Baked Penne with Spicy Rose Sauce
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Vegan Nachos (!!!)
Lastly, there are a number of FANTASTIC new cookbooks coming out this year. Now I haven’t actually got on my hands on them, so I don’t actually know that they’ll be fantastic, but they will be. Promise. :)
Here they are — in order of release date:
- Feed Zone Table: Family-style meals to nourish life & sport > on pre-order, available February 8th (their 3rd cookbook!)
- The Love & Lemons Cookbook: An apple to zucchini celebration to impromptu cooking > on pre-order, available March 29th (her 1st cookbook!)
- Deliciously Ella Every Day: Quick and easy recipes for gluten free snacks, packed lunches & simple meals > on pre-order, available April 5th (her 2nd cookbook!)
- Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking: 101 entirely plant-based, mostly gluten-free, easy and delicious recipes > on pre-order, available April 26th (her 1st cookbook – in print!)
- Oh She Glows Every Day: Simply satisfying plant-based recipes to keep glowing from the inside out > on pre-order, available September 6th (her 2nd cookbook!)
Happy (healthy) eating!