“Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others” – Robert Louis Stevenson
When I stumble upon great things, I like sharing it with the world. Although random, here is some ‘fabulous’…
- Jen & Casey Bray. I’ve known them both for a number of years, but have gotten to know them even better over the past few months. A lot has changed for this young couple this summer, Jen accepted a contract abroad in Doha, Qatar – yes, all the way in the Middle East! Calgary has temporarily lost two fantastic people, but sigh, c’est la vie and change is important. If you are interested in learning more about life abroad, life as a Canadian expat, or hilarious stories of these two’s adventures – subscribe to their blog at http://braysadventures.blogspot.com/ or follow Casey on Twitter at @CaseyBray.
- Jennifer Derzpah (nee Wills). Hmm Jenn is one of the least connected people I know. So my advice to you, if she ever hands you a business card or a glass of wine ;) – smother her with attention and ask her to be your friend. Yes she has Facebook and a cell phone – but that’s about it. She is one of the smartest (if not, thee smartest) woman I know. She is a great friend, a bright light, and a strong independent (happily married) woman. She’s your go to girl for any career, community, or relationship advice. Find a way to get her in your life – brilliance defines her.
- Shannon Hilton. I met Shannon through a friend earlier in the year. In real life, she oozes the same positivity, charm, and dedication you might see online. She is a mother to 3 beautiful children, a wife, a photographer, and a wicked event planner. She’s also filled with creativity and touches many peoples lives with her laughter and support. Check out this spectacular woman’s blog at http://shannonhiltonphotography.com/blog/ or follow her at @ShannonHilton on Twitter.
- Kate & Shawn Webb. Both professionals in Calgary with young twin girls – Olivia and Sienna. Shawn is a co-worker of mine and generally awesome dude. Kate is a University Professor and had the opportunity to work abroad with an organization called “Semester at Sea.” While Kate teaches on the ship, the family will be travelling to Cadiz, Spain; Casablanca, Morocco; Takoradi, Ghana; Cape Town, South Africa; Port Louis, Mauritius; Chennai, India; Singapore; Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam; Hong Kong/Shanghai, China; Yokohama/Kobe, Japan; Honolulu/Hilo, Hawaii, USA; and San Diego, California, USA. They left last week and are expected back in Canada on December 13, 2010. To follow their journey, follow Shawn on Twitter at @WhonnockWarrior.
- Crazy Sexy Life. A wonderful website with oodles of inspiration and ideas on your quest for a positive life > http://crazysexylife.com/. Created by Kris Carr, who was the subject of the documentary, Crazy Sexy Cancer.
- Le love. This blog is a warm fuzzy > http://leloveimage.blogspot.com/. It’s had 57,000+ views since November 2008 and an unknown author. Mostly images, sometimes words, I truly look forward to every post.
- One in a million. A blog of pictures that will make you smile > http://pmp-oneinamillion.blogspot.com/. Compiled by a young woman named Sarah in the UK.
- Patent and the Pantry. How do we feel about food? Yes that’s right, we LOVE food. A blog composed of brilliant recipes and salivating-worthy pictures > http://patentandthepantry.wordpress.com/. Courtesy of a local foodie in Calgary, Gwendolyn Richards.
For me, a great blog has been one that I can keep up with in Google Reader… not too many posts, just enough. PS – If anyone has any tips on how to organize a RSS feed, let me know. Mine is in a state of disaster.
- Girls Inc. Dear World PSA. I have always had an interest in women’s rights and equality in the workplace. I love everything this video is about.
- JK Divorce Entrance Dance. Hilarious and horrible all at the same time. I’m assuming many of you remember the JK Wedding Entrance Dance that melted over 50 million hearts, well this is the “sequel”. ;)
- Mike Tompkins – Teenage Dream & Just The Way You Are (Acapella Cover). A Canadian artist who has made a name for himself with a single upload. Makes you appreciate music that much more. Thank you to Marley for the share.
Writing this blog post has made me realize how connected I am… referencing internet this, internet that, blog posts, social networking, etc. It makes me wonder – back in 1999, how would I have referred someone to someone else? A letter in the mail? Did I use to send my favourite issue of the Babysitters Club or Seventeen magazine to other people? The world is come a long way – and I totally love it.
Let’s lighten this up. ;) A few other brilliant things in my life right now? The September issue of Marie Claire and Women’s Health. The book: ‘Up!’ by David Niven. Raspberries, goat cheese, and ice cream sandwiches. Also blueberry vodka, 1/2 seven, 1/2 soda and Earl Grey tea.
What are you loving these days? ❤